Handling The Storms

Well, it's been an interesting year so far.  I've grown in so many ways.  I've been tested, challenged, ridiculed, adored, fallen down, gotten back up, made a hard decision, known great joy, saw my intentions fall into place, and been scared out of my wits. But, I was able to perfect the talent of landing on my feet...every time.

I prayed for peace of mind.  I got storms.  I asked for a smooth road.  I got potholes. Man, I thought, what gives here?  Is the trick to not ask for what you want?  Well...

You see, all of these things have been for my personal growth, even though I never saw it at the time.  They are a gift bestowed by a benevolent Universe to show me that I have the chutzpah, the grit, the talent, the grace to handle whatever comes my way.  And don't get me wrong, I have days on end that are exquisite in their simplicity and joy, but my outlook during the rough times is what I believe paved the way for the good times to come.  I've learned to never ask for a problem-free life, but what I have asked for is the ability to be at peace amidst the upheavals.  We cannot control anything in this life, nothing is guaranteed.  Nothing.  The day I realized this is what led me to seek a way to keep my inner balance during the times that spiral out of control.  But the thing is this....everything comes round right again.

Have you even noticed that?  Maybe not according to your time frame, or maybe not in a way you wished for, but have you noticed that things have a way of righting themselves?  Grace is always at work in our lives.  I have been taken aback by people's anger, especially when I do not live a life of drama and anger myself, and I've been saddened by a sudden change of events, or the things I never saw coming, things that go against the grain of my life, and I've asked, "Why"?  But I don't stay stuck in the problem anymore.  I now ask, "Where does this lead"?  "What good can come of this"?  "How can I best respond in the face of this troubling situation"?  Then the answers come.

When the very core of your life is threatened, when you feel shaken, when you don't know how you'll get through, I have found it helpful to know deep within my heart that changing my perception of a situation is usually all it takes to turn it around. Every single problem that comes arrives with the answer already in place.  Our limited vision and small outlook is what hampers the swift recognition that you will be alright.  What we perceive as a problem is simply an opportunity to rise above and restore peace to our lives.  Does this sound simplistic to you?  When I first started on this path I thought this was a load of new age crap!  But I was so wrong.  So many of us can't see the answer because we are so close to the problem.  Da Vinci once wrote about stepping back from what you are working on, from what is troubling you, and taking three days to simply not look at it.  There's something magical about three days time.  When you loosen your death grip on your problems you allow new energy to flow into the situation.  We can get so hung up on a certain outcome, so focused on the details, when what is really needed is simply letting it go.  Now if your situation is dire, if you are being put out on the street for instance, there are immediate answers available to you in the form of agencies and resources that can help you now.  But even then, allowing a shift in your perception to occur, from "What am I going to do" to "Let's see where this leads", you have actually signaled the Universe that you are open to new experiences.  And the loving, divine, benevolent, all knowing Universe will come to your aid.  So next time it all comes crashing down on your head....you lose your job, you lose your home, your best friend, your bank account, your very sense of safety and security....make a tiny effort to shift your perception of what's happening.  The most devastating things that we see as terrible and undeserved often lead to a whole new life, and if not that grandiose of a change, then they certainly lead to new opportunities.  We never know who's around the corner, what opportunity, person, friend, situation or event that will occur and change your life, and move you forward.  But it doesn't happen by just waiting for it to happen.   The work that is required is your baby steps.  Keep moving forward.

And the bottom line is this:  You are bigger then your perceived problems.  There is a center within you that awaits your acknowledgement, and it will empower you and show you the way.  In just knowing how magnificent you are, your innate brilliance and inner guidance will come to the forefront...and you will be able to handle the storms of life with grace.

I will leave you with this:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."  Marianne Williamson 

Until next time....blessings upon your heart

Cindy      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If We Have No Peace....

To Be Humble

Synchronicity